Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
1
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
2
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
3
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Friday, May 29, 2009

Celebrity Fragrance Awards







Paris Hilton, Sean John among top fragrances nominated at FiFi awards.


Order Paris Hilton Fairy Dust From Perfume.com


The sweet smell of success permeated the red carpet at The 37th annual Fragrance Foundation Awards. Hollywood A-listers including Sean "Diddy" Combs and Paris Hilton turned out sporting their favourite scents to what some call the "Oscars of fragrance."

Hilton was honoured for her perfume, Fairy Dust. She attended the event with her mother Kathy and boyfriend Doug Reinhardt.




"I've been doing the fragrance business for a very long time and mine is one of the most successful," says the socialite and reality TV vixen. "Tonight I'm winning celebrity fragrance of the year so it's such a huge honour."

Hilton’s other fragrances include Just Me, Heir, Heiress, Paris Hilton for Men and Can.

Diddy was nominated for his men's fragrance I Am King. Under his Sean John fashion label the hip-hop mogul has also created Unforgivable for men and women.



Order I am King From Perfume.com


He says designing fragrances is similar to designing clothes: it's all in the details.




"Just like you know how you feel the fabrics you have to smell the different notes," said Combs. "It's really about the details and having patience and making something that's unique. It's almost like a fit, you know making a unique fit."






Designer Marc Jacobs agreed that both clothing and perfumes require a similar creative process:

"For me creation is the same no matter what it is. So it's a series of choosing, editing and trying to conjure up a mood and a spirit and trying to transmit some visual reference," says Jacobs.




Mary J. Blige was also at the event. She posed for photographs with a bottle of her signature fragrance created with Brooklyn-based beauty company ‘Carol's Daughter’.




"It's beautiful," says Blige. "It smells like me. I took a lot of time thinking about this. And everyone always asks me what I'm wearing. Everyone, so I just want all the women to wear what I'm wearing. And it smells like Mary. It smells like every woman. It's strong. It's soft. It's everything. It's beautiful."

Actor Dustin Hoffman accompanied his wife Lisa who was nominated for a FiFi Award for her skincare line.




He appeared to enjoy giving up the spotlight.




"This is wonderful," said Hoffman. "I wish they (red carpets) were all for my wife and not for me. And I'd worry less."

This year's awards were hosted by Samantha Harris. The "Dancing with the Stars" starlet wore an orange Alice and Olivia dress.






"I figure this is a really good dress for summer and being that it is the Fragrance Awards, the FiFi Awards, it reminds me of a fancy bottle of perfume.

I'm just going to pop out the top apparently," says Harris.

Professional polo player and face of Ralph Lauren's Polo-brand fragrances Ignacio "Nacho" Figueras was excited to talk sports.





He's preparing for Prince Harry's upcoming visit to New York.

"I'm the reason that he's here - one of the reasons. I invited him," says Figueras. "And Blackwatch, my team is going to play against Sentebale, which is his charity, which is a great thing because we will be able to raise money for his charity."

The Veuve Clicquot Manhattan Polo Classic will take place on Governor's Island Saturday, 30 May.





Rent Designer Handbags from Bag Borrow or Steal